- To apply for registration, complete the Application for Registration. Once complete with required attachments, please mail to the CVBC office to the attention of the Registration Coordinator.
- The ‘Application for Registration’ form was updated on June 21, 2018. If you are applying for registration after this date, the former version of this form will not be accepted.
- Application for Registration: $525 ($500 + GST)
- Contact and Practice Information Form
- Temporary Policy during COVID Pandemic: Provisional Active Registration Decision
Bylaw Seminar and Exam
The CVBC Bylaw & Ethics Exam and Seminar sessions have been suspended until further notice due to social distancing requirements. The Registration Committee has adopted the following policy for granting Provisional Registration to applicants whose applications are otherwise complete, until it is possible to resume examinations.All applicants for Private Practice, Specialty Private Practice, and Public Sector registration are required to:
- pass an examination; and,
- attend a bylaws seminar within one year of being registered.
Please note that the bylaw exam is only one step in the application process. Passing the exam does not automatically entitle the applicant to be registered. It also does not lead to immediate registration. An application file will be forwarded to the Registrar only when it is complete and includes all required documentation and fees. The Registrar must be satisfied that the applicant meets all requirements and is qualified to be registered. The Registrar may make further inquiries or may refuse to grant registration. In such cases, the application will be referred to the Registration Committee. The Registration Committee may either direct the Registrar to register the applicant, to seek additional information, or to hold a hearing.
Applicants should be familiar with the documents below before taking the exam:
2020 Schedule: Bylaws Exam (no Seminar)
- January 8, 2020 (submission deadline January 2, 2020)
- March 4, 2020 (submission deadline February 26, 2020)
- April 1, 2020 (submission deadline March 25, 2020)
- June 3, 2020 (submission deadline May 27, 2020)
- July 8, 2020 (submission deadline July 2, 2020)
- September 2, 2020 (submission deadline August 26, 2020)
- October 7, 2020 (submission deadline September 30, 2020)
- December 2, 2020 (submission deadline November 25, 2020)
Note: There will be a Bylaw Exam at the WCVM in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 1:30 in Room 2115.
2020 Schedule: Bylaws Seminar and Exam
Location: #113-10451 Shellbridge Way, Richmond BC V6X 3C6
- February 5, 2020 (submission deadline January 29, 2020)
- May 6, 2020 (submission deadline April 29, 2020)
- August 12, 2020 (submission deadline August 5, 2020) * Please note date change
- November 4, 2020 (submission deadline October 28, 2020)
The bylaws seminar begins at 1:00 p.m. and will take between 2.5 and 3 hours. At this time, those individuals attending the seminar, but who have previously taken the exam, can be dismissed and the bylaw exam will be administered. The exam is invigilated and open-book (but no electronic devices allowed), with a maximum one-hour time limit. You can expect to be finished by 5:30 p.m. at the latest.
Applicants will be permitted to write on a date other than the regularly-scheduled examination days only for very compelling reasons at the discretion of the Registrar. Please forward your request, in writing, to the Registration Coordinator. These are ‘Special’ exams for fee purposes. You will be required to sign a letter of undertaking stating that you will attend the bylaw seminar within one year. If you fail to do so, it may become a disciplinary matter.
Bylaw Exam: $367.50 ($350 + GST)
Bylaw Exam (Special): $682.50 ($650 + GST)
Bylaw Seminar Deposit: None