There is currently one open position that we are looking to fill. If you have great organizational and interpersonal skills, lots of enthusiasm, and enjoy working in a small office environment, then we would love to have you join our team.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Legal Administrative Assistant (May 2018)
Reports to the Staff Lawyer
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Staff Lawyer and Complaints Officer, the Legal Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and communications support necessary for the processing of complaints received from the public concerning veterinarians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize calendar, email, mail and flag urgent items
- Answering phone calls and emails
- Photocopy, scan, and handle correspondence
- Draft letters and correspondence
- Identify, document and track various matters for follow-up and further action
- Attend to routine follow-up inquires
- Maintain filing system
- Data entry
- Compile reports and attachments
- Assist with scheduling of meetings and distribute related files and documents
- Assisting with other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a LAA program is a prerequisite.
- Minimum of one year work experience in a legal environment and handling litigation files.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including a good command of English grammar rules and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe.
- Professional demeanor and detail oriented
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, balance continuous demands and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information is a must.
- Ability to confidentially and professionally deal with sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a team, independently and under time constraints.