Veterinarian Investigator (Full time, In-House)
Are you a seasoned veterinarian ready to give up clinical work?
Interested in a new challenge with better work/life balance in a team oriented, office environment?
We are seeking a full-time Veterinarian Investigator to join the office team in Richmond, BC.
The CVBC is required to investigate complaints from the public in a fair and transparent manner. The role involves utilizing accepted investigative techniques to:
- Assess and identify the ethical and clinical concerns raised by a complaint
- Collect information by written means and conduct telephone and in-person interviews
- Analyze medical records
- Synthesize all materials into a thorough and objective written report for the Investigation Committee
- Attend meetings of the Investigation Committee
Required skills and characteristics:
- Minimum 6 years of clinical experience
- Currently registered in good standing with the CVBC or another Canadian jurisdiction
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Objectivity, curiosity and impartiality
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Word processing and computer skills (Word, Adobe, Excel, SharePoint)
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced veterinarian seeking a rewarding and alternative career path. You will use your veterinary knowledge, skills and experience to maintain your profession’s standards. Training specific to the role will be provided. Occasional travel is involved.
The CVBC offers a collaborative and supportive office environment with work-life balance, liability protection, excellent benefits, and a fair compensation package.